American Express announced a new Dining & Entertainment reward category within its Membership Rewards program providing enrollees with a wide variety of experience-based reward options.
Enrollees can now redeem Membership Rewards points through a new partnership with Ticketmaster for concert tickets, Broadway plays, sporting events and more. Additionally, enrollees can redeem Membership Rewards points for movie theater tickets, movie rentals and restaurant certificates through a number of other exciting partners including: Be My Guest(R) Dining Cards, BLOCKBUSTER(R), Broadway.com, Clear Channel Entertainment, Smith & Wollensky Restaurant Group, Restaurant Associates (select New York city locations such as The Sea Grill at Rockefeller Plaza), Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar, Hollywood Movie Magic(R), Morton’s of Chicago, The Steakhouse, By Invitation Only(R) events from American Express and the US Open Championships.
“Whether you’re in the mood to see a live performance, movie or sporting event or relax with a good meal, our new Dining & Entertainment rewards provide hundreds of options for how to spend a night on the town,” said Chris Lynch, vice president, Rewards Management at American Express. “We launched the Membership Rewards program in 1994 as a strong travel rewards program and over the last decade it has evolved to fit the active lifestyle needs of our Cardmembers.”
Lynch added, “With many of our entertainment reward options, we are making it easy for our Cardmembers to redeem points by enabling them to work directly with the partner on the transaction. Concerts and entertainment events sell out so quickly we wanted our enrollees to have the best chance to get the rewards they want, when they want them.”
Cardmembers can redeem points directly through the following partners:
– Music concerts, sporting events, Broadway shows, and family events through Ticketmaster. Cardmembers can use Membership Rewards points to purchase any Clear Channel Entertainment concert, as well as hundreds of additional events by calling their local Ticketmaster directly or logging onto www.ticketmaster.com. Point values and redemption levels vary by concert and venue.
– Broadway tickets through Broadway.com. Cardmembers can redeem points for gift certificates to be used toward shows on Broadway, Off-Broadway and London’s West End by logging onto www.broadway.com or calling 1-800-BROADWAY.
Cardmembers can redeem points for all other rewards offered through the Membership Rewards program by logging onto the web site at www.americanexpress.com/rewards or by calling 1-800-AXP-EARN including:
– Movie tickets through the Hollywood Movie Magic network. Cardmembers can choose from thousands of participating theaters and redeem points for movie ticket packages that include concessions.
– Movie rentals at BLOCKBUSTER(R). Cardmembers can redeem points for movie rentals redeemable at over 5,300 participating stores nationwide.
– Restaurant certificates from Smith & Wollensky Restaurant Group, Restaurant Associates (select NYC locations), Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar, and Morton’s of Chicago, The Steakhouse. Enrollees can choose to redeem points for gift certificates from a variety of popular restaurants nationwide.
– The Be My Guest(R) Card. Enrollees can choose to redeem points for the Be My Guest Dining Card, which can be used to enjoy meals at any US restaurant that welcomes the American Express Card.
Membership Rewards is the world’s largest card-based rewards program, with more than 4 million U.S. enrollees and more than 9 million worldwide. The program allows Cardmembers to earn one point for virtually every dollar charged on eligible, enrolled American Express(R) Cards. Points are then redeemable in a wide selection of reward categories including travel, retail merchandise, shopping and recreation gift certificates, dining and entertainment and charity rewards.
The Membership Rewards program from American Express was first launched in June 1991 under the name Membership Miles(R). In 1995, retail and other non-travel rewards were added to the program, and it was re-named the Membership Rewards program. For more information, or to enroll in Membership Rewards, call 1-800-AXP- EARN (297-3276).
American Express is a diversified worldwide travel, financial and network services company founded in 1850. It is a leader in charge and credit cards, Travelers Cheques, travel, financial planning, investment products, insurance and international banking. For more information about the company, visit [www.americanexpress.com].