Retail Pro, Inc. announced today that its latest version of Point of Sale software is generally available â Retail ProÂ® 9. This highly anticipated release follows a successful beta testing period with implementation in a variety of retail operations. Retail ProÂ® 9 is built on the Oracle platform ensuring a robust, reliable product and is the most significant advancement in the popular Retail ProÂ® POS system to date.
Retail ProÂ® is widely known for its ease of use, flexibility, high reliability, open database and convenient, on-target reporting. With the ability to track inventory, sales, merchandising, store operations, and back office functions, Retail ProÂ® 9 is capable of depicting data in an easy to use format that makes sense to the retailer. The software is highly adaptable for multi-national retailers who are faced with the difficult task of reconciling data while incorporating different languages, tax codes, and various other rules and regulations.
Retail ProÂ® 9 incorporates a number of new features including:
– Multi-language, multi-currency, multi-company capabilities
– A wide variety of predefined reports
– Exchange data at near real time allowing for an accurate snapshot of any element in the store
– Improved sales functionality for greater detailed customer data capture, enhanced customer purchase tracking, improved tendering for smoother transactions, gift receipts and more
– Centralized Returns and Customer Lookup
– Enhanced Sales Order functionality eases the interface between Receipts and customer orders, layaways, special orders and gift registries
– Enhanced Opening and Closing procedures and X/Z Out Reports allow more detailed tracking of registers and modification of reports
– Enhanced Check In/Out easily tracks employee hours and more
– Improved KPI statistics available within Profile Reports allowing for greater flexibility in evaluating merchandise and vendor performance
– Improved security features help protect businesses from employee or customer transaction fraud
– CISP compliancy within the database, including secured credit card accessibility and automatic credit card encryption
– Improved capabilities in count recording for a variety of in-store and multi-store inventories
– New Technicians Toolkit provides easy access to a variety of tools for maintaining the database
– Improved reporting capabilities, including the ability to create custom reports and view reports while working offline
– Easy integration with third party applications
“This is an exciting milestone in the continuing evolution and advancement of Retail Pro. We have spent the past few years analyzing market trends and focusing resources in the development of our newest version of POS software. This is not only a new version of our application, but a highly scalable retail application with added features and functions that will enable a growing domestic or multinational retailer to compete successfully in the market. The improvement on legacy features and the addition of enhanced functionality will make Retail Pro 9 the new standard in retail software,” said Retail Pro’s CEO, Barry Schechter.
John Parkin, Director, Product Management for Retail Pro, echoes these sentiments. He states, “The Company has taken the time to research the features and functionality that retailers want included with their retail management software. From single-store retailers to some of the most widely recognized brands in the world, we have developed a solution that is scalable and ready to serve the needs of virtually any retailer.”
About Retail ProÂ®
Founded in 1986, Retail Pro, Inc. (OTC: IPIN.PK) is a global leader in Point of Sale, Store Operations, Merchandising, Planning, Business Intelligence, and Payment Processing software applications for the specialty retail industry. For over 20 years Retail ProÂ® has been helping retailers achieve their full potential by providing a unique, scalable, and reliable solution.
More than 45,000 specialty retail stores, representing in excess of 10,000 customers in over 73 countries, and available in 18 languages, have implemented Retail ProÂ®; from a single store to prestigious, multi-national enterprises.
Retail ProÂ® is delivered through a world-wide network of channel partners. The company maintains offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Mexico, Italy, Poland and China. For more information, please visit www.retailpro.com.