VeriFone Systems announced a new direct distribution relationship for retailers, acquirers and processors in Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Austria and Switzerland. These organizations will now be able to obtain products, services, support and value-added solutions directly from VeriFone.
The new strategy paves the way for ready access to multiple new and upcoming products and service offerings available directly from VeriFone. Previously, retailers in these countries were limited to the portfolios that local distributors chose to sell and support. Going forward retailers will benefit from a direct sales and support relationship with VeriFone.
“Retailers, acquirers and processors in these countries need access to broader product and services solutions that meet the needs of their customers,” said Jeffrey Dumbrell, VeriFone executive vice president, International. “VeriFone will continue to partner with Point International in Scandinavia and the Baltics, CCV in Benelux, Printec Group and Melon in the Balkans and Inpas in Russia as resellers of VeriFone systems and technology in those regions.”
With its recent acquisition of Hypercom, VeriFone now fields a workforce of more than 500 direct sales, support and engineering personnel on the ground in these countries.
This new strategy covering continental Europe will enable VeriFone to more broadly deliver advanced payment solutions, including:
· VeriFone VX Evolution systems, consumer facing MX systems, Secure PumpPAY and emerging mobile and tablet based systems
· Integrated e-commerce processing and payment page services
· VeriShield Total Protect, Secured by RSA — VeriFone’s complete encryption and tokenization solution for payment security
· Complete, end-to-end management of merchant POS systems and applications, including remote terminal management, field service and repair, payment system financing, rental operations and billing
· VeriFone PAYMEDIA Network – delivering and integrating powerful value-added solutions to VeriFone systems users, such as NFC-enabled payments and applications, white label loyalty and gift card processing
· Delivery of digital content including coupons, offers and payment-enabled media to consumers
· VeriFone PAYware Link software – providing seamless integration of EMV payments and value added applications with integrated POS systems and electronic cash registers (ECRs)
VeriFone offers a wide range of options for Europe’s most demanding retail environments, incorporating NFC, EMV, and mobile payment technologies, and global scale to respond quickly to new market demands. The introduction of a direct sales model across continental Europe, now feasible with the recent Hypercom acquisition, is expected to accelerate adoption of exciting and new VeriFone systems and services. VeriFone is in discussions with current resellers in Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Austria and Switzerland regarding ongoing support of existing merchants and the transition to direct VeriFone sales and services.