Wincor Nixdorf fiscal 1H/2013/14 witnessed a decline in net sales and growth in operating profit. Net sales fell by 3% to €1,230 million. Profit for the first six months of the fiscal year grew by 2% to €45 million (€44 million). In the outlook for fiscal 2013/2014 as a whole Wincor Nixdorf reaffirmed its projection of 4% growth in net sales and a 17% rise in EBITA to €155 million.
Net sales in the Banking segment fell by 6% to €778 million (€828 million) in the first half of fiscal 2013/2014. In the second quarter, net sales were down by 1% year on year. EBITA for the Banking segment totaled €51 million (€55 million), which was 7% down on the figure posted for the same period a year ago. Net sales generated in the Retail segment rose by 3% in the first six months of the fiscal year, reaching €452 million in total (€438 million). In the second quarter, net sales were 1% lower compared to the same period a year ago. EBITA generated in the Retail segment rose by 55% to €17 million (€11 million) in the reporting period.