CardWeb.com’s CardPixes database of more than 7,000 card images today features the Scotiabank Gold American Express card. The card is issued by Canada’s Scotiabank .
Earn travel rewards faster, then use your Scotia Rewards points to book flights, hotels, holiday packages, cruises and more with no restrictions!
Scotia Rewards points
Earn four points for every $1 you spend at eligible gas stations, grocery stores, on dining and entertainment.1
Earn one point on all other eligible purchases.1
Extraordinary Travel Services
Purchase travel online or over the phone through our full-service travel agency. Or you can choose to book your own travel using your Scotiabank Gold American Express Card, then call or go online to redeem points for the purchase.
Flexible Point Redemption
• 1. Use your points:If you’ve earned all the points you need, redeem them for your complete trip – including taxes and surcharges.
• 2. Use your Card: You can always use your Card to cover the full amount of your travel. And you’ll earn rewards points for every dollar you charge.
• 3. Combine points and payment: Short a few points? Want to save some for later? You can pay for your travel with a combination of accumulated points and a charge to your Card.
Plus, you get exclusive complimentary concierge access to assist you 24/7 with your travel arrangements and everything else from the everyday to the extraordinary.7
Your Scotiabank Gold American Express Card gives you access to reduced rates, special amenities, and a diverse selection of worldwide destinations.
Receive up to 20% off the lowest published offer at over 18,000 hotels worldwide, with special rates and/or complimentary amenities
Luxury Hotel Privileges
Receive up to 20% off the Best Available Rates and a complimentary room upgrade (if available) at some of the world’s most incredible properties. Enjoy a free amenity, complimentary breakfast and late checkout privileges (if available)
Low Price Airfare Alerts
Purchase your airline ticket through the Scotia Rewards program and the price of your airfare will be monitored daily to see if a lower price becomes available†
Special offers and benefits ranging from shipboard credits, upgrades, and shore excursions (if available)
Receive up to 25% off qualifying rentals with 131 companies worldwide
• 1. You will earn 4 points per $1 on the first $50,000 in purchases made annually at American Express merchants classified in the American Express network as: Gas Service Stations and Automated Fuel Dispensers; Grocery Stores and Supermarkets; Eating Places and Restaurants, Drinking Places, Fast Food Restaurants; and Entertainment including Motion Picture Theaters, Theatrical Producers, Ticket Agencies, Bands, Orchestras and Miscellaneous Entertainers. Some merchants may sell these products/services or are separate merchants who are located on the premises of these merchants, but are classified by American Express in another manner, in which case this added benefit would not apply. You will earn 1 point per $1 on purchases made after you have reached the 4 points per $1 $50,000 annual spend maximum and on all other purchases made with the card. Points are not awarded for cash advances, Scotia Credit Card Cheques, Scotia Rewards Dollars, returns, payments, casinos and gambling, annual membership or card fees, interest charges or service transaction charges. Scotia Rewards points must be redeemed within 60 days of account closure or they will be deleted permanently. If your account is not in good standing, the accumulated Scotia Rewards points are not eligible for redemption.
• 2. The 30,000 Scotia Rewards bonus points are awarded when you use your Scotiabank Gold American Express Card for a purchase within two months of open date and provided the account is open and in good standing. The points will appear as an adjustment on your Scotiabank Gold American Express Card statement within two statement cycles of your first card purchase. Offer applies to new accounts opened by October 31, 2014.
• 3. Scotia Rewards Travel Service by telephone for Scotiabank Gold American Express Cardmembers is provided by a duly licensed 3rd-party travel agent AXA Assistance USA, Inc. AXA Assistance USA, Inc. Travel Booking Site provided by a duly licensed 3rd party travel agent: Altour International Inc.
• 4. You are eligible to redeem travel-related expenses on the card made outside of Scotia Rewards Travel Service for points, provided that these travel-related expenses have not been previously claimed and your account is in good standing. In order to qualify, the travel-related activity must be associated with trips made on your card and the charges submitted are recognized by our systems under the following American Express Merchant Category Codes or identifiers: airlines & air carriers – 4511; airports, flying fields, and airport terminals – 4582; lodgings, hotels, motels and resorts – 7011; trailer parks and campgrounds – 7033; passenger railways – 4112, bus lines – 4113; steamship and cruise lines – 4411; travel agencies and tour operators – 4722; automobile rental agency – 7512; motor home and recreational vehicle rentals – 7519; and include related taxes, booking fees, airport fees and travel insurance premiums.
Credit to your account cannot exceed the amount of the cost of the travel transactions submitted. A minimum of 5,000 points must be redeemed at one time. You will have 12 months to redeem these eligible travel-related purchases for points. Points cannot be redeemed once 12 months have elapsed from the date it was posted to your card account. It may take up to two statement cycles following the processing of your redemption request for the points to be credited to your account. You cannot have travel rewards reversed once your redemption request has been processed .
• 5. Travel Privileges is brought to you by American Express with offers from participating American Express merchants. Lowest available rate refers to rates available across booking channels and must be available in the Global Distribution System during the booking date for the same booking being requested through Hotel Privileges and Luxury Hotel Privileges. Lowest available fare refers to the lowest published airfare at time of booking based upon search criteria. Minimum booking requirements may apply. Cancellation policies, payment policies, and all other booking conditions will be advised at the time of booking. Blackout dates may apply. All reservations and offers are based on availability and are subject to taxes and assessments. Offers are subject to merchants’ standard booking requirements, terms, and conditions. Offer cannot be combined with other offers, promotions, discounts, or programs, and may not be redeemed for cash. Complete terms and conditions are available at scotiarewards.com
• 6. Insurance coverage is underwritten by American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida and/or American Bankers Life Assurance Company of Florida. Travel Emergency Medical Insurance is underwritten by American Bankers Life Assurance Company of Florida, except for travel in Cuba which is underwritten by Zurich Insurance Company Ltd The Bank of Nova Scotia is not an insurer. All claims for insurance indemnities must be forwarded to the respective insurers. Details of the coverage, including definitions, benefits, limitations, and exclusions are in the Certificate of Insurance provided with the card. Read the Certificate of Insurance then keep it in a safe place with your other valuable documents, and take it with you when you travel.
• 7. Concierge Service provided by a duly licensed 3rd party premium concierge provider: AXA Assistance USA, Inc.
• 8. Priority Pass™ membership includes access to airport lounges participating in the Priority Pass program. Certain terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Unless cancelled, Priority Pass membership automatically renews on its anniversary date. Priority Pass membership will be cancelled if your Scotiabank Gold American Express Card is cancelled. For complete Priority Pass terms and conditions, please visit www.prioritypass.com/Conditions-of-use.cfm
• 9. Not including cash advances, balance transfers and Scotia Credit Card cheques. Provided that you pay your balance in full by the payment due date.