United Airlines and Hertz are teaming to beef-up travel benefits for United Mileage Plus cardholders. Special perks are also planned for MileagePlus Club and Presidential Plus Card members.
On November 1st Hertz and its Dollar and Thrifty brands will become United’s exclusive car rental partners.
MileagePlus members who book with Hertz may earn the following per rental:
• 1,250 miles – MileagePlus Global Services, Premier 1K and Premier Platinum members;
• 1,000 miles – MileagePlus Premier Gold and Premier Silver members;
• 750 miles – Primary cardmembers of MileagePlus credit cards from Chase; or
• 500 miles – MileagePlus general members.
MileagePlus members will continue to receive discounts when they book Hertz car rentals via United.com.
Members renting with Dollar and Thrifty will still earn 50 miles per day for rentals of one to four days and 500 miles for rentals five days or longer.
Travelers who reserve car rentals before Nov. 1 will accrue the higher level of benefits available if they pick up their vehicle on or after Nov. 1.
Additionally, beginning Jan. 1, 2015, MileagePlus Global Services, Premier 1K and Premier Platinum members and primary MileagePlus Club and Presidential Plus Card members may sign up for complimentary Hertz President’s Circle status in the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards program, with benefits that include:
• Confirmed availability of standard-equipment economy through full-size, four-door vehicles in the United States and Canada, with a minimum 48-hour advance reservation; and
• Confirmed one-car-class upgrade availability at all participating locations in the United States and Canada and select European locations.
MileagePlus Premier Gold and Premier Silver members may sign up for complimentary Hertz Five Star status, which includes one-car-class upgrades, based on availability.
MileagePlus Premier Travel Benefits
United Airlines is investing in partnerships that offer its customers a higher level of service from the start of their travel to their final destination. In addition to priority airport check-in and boarding, extra-legroom seating, priority baggage handling and elite Hertz benefits, MileagePlus Premier Global Services, Premier 1K, Premier Platinum and Premier Gold members may register to enjoy an enhanced hotel experience through United’s RewardsPlus partnership with Marriott Rewards.
For more data on United Mileage Plus access CardData®. For information and commentary on United Mileage Plus visit the searchable CardFlash® Library of more than 58,000 articles published since 1995. RAM Research® forecasts on United Mileage Plus are available exclusively through CardWeb.com.®