Ingenico has unveiled the first and only PCI PTS 4.0 and SRED-certified mobile card reader equipped to accept both EMV and magstripe card payments, as well as NFC/contactless payments. The new Ingenico RP450c can be attached to a mobile device via audio jack, or used as a separate Bluetooth companion or in docking station mode.
The new and innovative backpack-like design creates a seamless and reliable customer checkout experience by preventing rotation and incorporating a full-width smartcard slot and long magnetic stripe guide to ensure a high success rate. This addition to the Ingenico Mobile Solutions product line makes the company the first mPOS solution provider to cover the full spectrum of merchant payment needs including mag stripe, EMV and NFC/contactless.
The eight unique features of the new RP450c include:
1. 3-track magnetic stripe reader (MSR), secure card reader (SCR) and NFC reader in one unit.
2. PCI PTS 4.0 POI and SRED certified, EMV Level 1 & 2 Contact, EMV Level 1 Contactless.
3. Three flexible connection options – audio jack, Bluetooth (option), and USB.
4. Integrated extended life rechargeable battery
5. Certified for Visa payWave and MasterCard contactless.
6. White-labeling options enabling custom branding of device by merchants or ISOs/acquirers.
7. TR-39 certified facility for in-factory key injection.
8. Developer-friendly SDK for mobile application integration.
Software integration kits will be available starting in May so customers can be prepared for the RP450c’s commercial availability and EMV liability shift.
For data, background and forecasts on Ingenico: Search CardWeb.com’s CardFlash® Library of more than 58,000 archived articles; Access CardWeb.com’s CardData® for current and historical Performance, Portfolios, Profiles, etc. Visit RAM Research® (ramresearch.com) for quarterly and annual forecasts covering more than 150 metrics. [complimentary or deeply discounted access to CardWeb.com subscribers].
Additional database resources include CardWeb.com’s CardExecs® – comings & goings of payments movers & shakers; CardWeb.com’s CardWatch® – ears & eyes on marketing globally (57K items); and CardWeb.com’s CardPixes® – form & function of card design (7K items).