MI-based Stratos unveiled the Stratos Bluetooth Connected Card. It is the industry’s first payment card that consolidates an unlimited number of plastic cards into one and works everywhere traditional cards are accepted.
Stratos Card members can load credit, debit, loyalty, membership and gift cards onto Stratos and make smarter and more secure payments with a familiar, universally accepted card form. The Stratos Card can instantly change into any card when needed, any time and anywhere.
A recent survey showed more than 75% of consumers are interested in paying with an all-in-one connected card. Members can load an unlimited number of credit, debit, loyalty, membership and gift cards onto one beautifully designed card that works wherever they go.
Key features include:
• Superior acceptance and reliability. With compatibility to all current U.S. merchant infrastructure, the Stratos Card is the only connected card you can use everywhere, including ATMs, restaurants, retail stores and gas stations.
• Superior security. Stratos’ patented Security Lock-Down feature lets members automatically program their card to shut down if it’s not in proximity to their smartphone for a specific amount of time. Other security features include bank-level encryption and card details securely stored behind a PIN or Touch ID.
• Superior intelligence. Stratos leverages the mobile lock screen for instant, real-time notifications, including information on member’s top three favorite cards and their last four-digits for card verification. The Stratos Mobile App centralizes, tracks and manages all cards securely. Coming soon, geo-location and history-based card suggestions and insights to help make better payment decisions.
• Superior experience. Stratos offers a unique membership that ensures cardholders always have the most complete experience. Membership includes:
◦ A Stratos Card, the Stratos Mobile App (for iOS and Android) and a Stratos Reader (for adding cards).
◦ Free annual Stratos Card upgrades (or replacement cards), so your investment is never obsolete – members have first access to the latest technology, as soon as it’s available.
◦ Personalized member support including phone, email and social communication.
◦ Future Stratos features, including geo-location based recommendations, virtual card downloads, EMV contactless and card tokenization.
• Superior style. The Stratos Card features five distinctive colors: Slate, White, Blue, Salmon and Green. The card is beautifully designed, yet durable – unlike smartphone-based mobile payment systems, it’s waterproof and passed ISO 7810 and 7816 tests that include bend, static shock, abrasion tests and more.
Stratos merges the efficiency and familiarity of a conventional payment card with the power and convenience of a mobile wallet. Merchants do not need to change their infrastructure to use Stratos, and consumers swipe just as they always have. Stratos membership is also future proof as the industry evolves. The company is actively collaborating with card associations and major U.S. banks to adapt the latest, most secure payment protocols, including EMV and tokenization.
The Stratos Card and Stratos membership are available today at www.stratoscard.com. Memberships start at $95 (for one-year) and a discounted $145 (for two-years). Shipping begins April 2015.
For additional data on Stratos visit CardData®. For historical news and commentary on Stratos visit the searchable CardFlash® Library of more than 58,000 articles published since 1995. RAM Research® forecasts on Stratos are available exclusively through CardWeb.com.®