Verifone and Heartland Payment Systems have reignited their strategic alliance to launch key initiatives aimed at providing merchants with enhanced security and EMV-ready payment processing.
HPS is now delivering Verifone’s EMV and NFC-enabled VX 520 payment terminal and VX 805 PIN pad with Heartland Secure E3 end-to-end encryption and tokenization.
Verifone’s VX Evolution line supports contact and contactless transactions with advanced security and reliability.
• The VX 520 is a reliable, rugged countertop device with a powerful processor and expandable memory that handles encryption, decryption and processing at lightning speeds. Integrated NFC capabilities support alternative payments and also support value-added applications such as loyalty or gift card acceptance.
• The VX 805 is a contactless PIN pad that complements the VX 520 for merchants preferring a consumer-facing peripheral for debit, mag-stripe, EMV and NFC acceptance at the POS.
Heartland Secure combines:
• EMV electronic chip card technology to authenticate that a consumer’s card is genuine;
• Heartland’s E3 end-to-end encryption technology, which immediately encrypts card data as it is entered so that no one else can read it; and
• Tokenization technology, which replaces card data with “tokens” that can be used for returns and repeat purchases, but are unusable by outsiders and have no value.
Heartland Payment Systems is the nation’s fifth largest payments processor and a leading provider of merchant business solutions, serving more than 300,000 business and educational locations nationwide
Verifone connects more than 27 million payment devices to the cloud”merging the online and in-store shopping experience and creating the next generation of digital engagement between merchants and consumers.
For more data on Heartland or Verifone access CardData®. For information and commentary on Heartland or Verifone visit the searchable CardFlash® Library of more than 58,000 articles published since 1995. RAM Research® forecasts on Heartland or Verifone are available exclusively through CardWeb.com.®