Heartland Payment Systems is removing card data from the payment transaction, providing restaurateurs with protection against point-of-sale (POS) intrusions, insider misuse, and other common sources of data fraud by eliminating the opportunity for criminals to capture and monetize card data.
Heartland this week will introduce Heartland Secure, a comprehensive credit/debit card data security solution that combines three powerful technologies, Heartland’s proprietary Heartland E3 end-to-end encryption and tokenization, and Europay, MasterCard and Visa (EMV), all working together to provide restaurateurs with the highest level of protection available against card-present data fraud.
More than 11,500 U.S.-based restaurants currently use Heartland Secure and Heartland is exclusively endorsed by the National Restaurant Association (NRA).
The full Heartland menu, from operations to technology, will feature:
◦ Heartland Secure installations, which include a comprehensive warranty that protects restaurants from financial liability in the event of a payment card breach. To be covered under the warranty, a restaurant must process its transactions with Heartland on the Heartland Secure device.
◦ Heartland Guest, a restaurant and consumer suite of contemporary services delivered in an app and designed with the restaurateur in mind. Heartland Guest is composed of online reservation, wait-list management and mobile-ordering services for use by restaurants to help them reduce expenses, improve operations and increase profitability, while simultaneously enhancing consumers’ dining experiences.
◦ Heartland Commerce, which delivers leading-edge POS solutions, payment processing capabilities and other adjacent and integrated business service applications for restaurants.
◦ Heartland Payroll, a complete, customizable payroll processing and related tax-filing services for restaurant owners.
◦ Heartland Lending, which offers loans from $5,000 to $2 million by partnering with a variety of low-cost funding sources.
◦ Heartland SmartLink, a managed network solution that helps restaurants oversee all of their devices, manage core restaurant systems and consumer access, and process credit cards over the Internet, with an added benefit of one-call U.S.-based customer support available 24 hours per day.
◦ Heartland Guest Engagement, a full suite of consumer-engagement solutions for restaurateurs including mobile and card-based gift and rewards and marketing services to restaurant locations through real-time communications with a restaurant’s POS.
Heartland offers point of sale, mobile commerce, e-Commerce, marketing solutions, payroll solutions, and related business solutions and services to more than 300,000 business and educational locations nationwide.
For data, background and forecasts on Heartland Payments Systems: Search CardWeb.com’s CardFlash® Library of more than 58,000 archived articles; Access CardWeb.com’s CardData® for current and historical Performance, Portfolios, Profiles, etc. Visit RAM Research® (ramresearch.com) for quarterly and annual forecasts covering more than 150 metrics. [complimentary or deeply discounted access to CardWeb.com subscribers].
Additional database resources include CardWeb.com’s CardExecs® – comings & goings of payments movers & shakers; CardWeb.com’s CardWatch® – ears & eyes on marketing globally (57K items); and CardWeb.com’s CardPixes® – form & function of card design (7K items).