MasterCard is ramping up its efforts to get about nine million small businesses up the EMV learning curve with a broad-based program. The new MasterCard Chip 360o program will run through the end of this year.
The Chip 360o program has five major elements:
1. EMV Central – MasterCard launched a webpage for small businesses dedicated to all things EMV. Business owners can review articles by industry experts and view fun and informative videos and infographics.
2. MasterCard and National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) will host a webinar, “EMV for SMBs,” on Thursday, May 7 at 12 p.m.
3. Small businesses can also enter the EMV Makeover contest wherein MasterCard experts will collaborate with local service providers to trade out terminals, update software and train employees on accepting the next generation of payments.
4. Master Your Card, a community empowerment financial education program sponsored by MasterCard, enables financial inclusion and literacy by bringing education on the benefits of electronic payment technology to consumers, small businesses and governments. Course curriculum, including webinars, workshops, brochures and a website, has been expanded to include beginner and advanced EMV modules.
5. MasterCard has developed an informative video on the next generation of payments that has been made available to acquiring banks to share with their small business customers.
MasterCard’s EMV efforts complement Visa U.S. EMV education program already underway.
The new VisaChip.com/BusinessToolkit provides merchants with a 10-step implementation guide, downloadable tools and resources, and a module to train employees on accepting chip cards at the point-of-sale (POS).
For data, background and forecasts on U.S. EMV: Search CardWeb.com’s CardFlash® Library of more than 58,000 archived articles; Access CardWeb.com’s CardData® for current and historical Performance, Portfolios, Profiles, etc. Visit RAM Research® (ramresearch.com) for quarterly and annual forecasts covering more than 150 metrics. [complimentary or deeply discounted access to CardWeb.com subscribers].
Additional database resources include CardWeb.com’s CardExecs® – comings & goings of payments movers & shakers; CardWeb.com’s CardWatch® – ears & eyes on marketing globally (57K items); and CardWeb.com’s CardPixes® – form & function of card design (7K items).