Visa and Verifone announced a partnership that will enable merchants to offer their customers a more streamlined, secure purchase experience across digital and face-to-face commerce environments, often referred to as omni-channel commerce.
As part of the partnership, the companies will integrate industry leading platforms: Verifone will connect its point of sale gateway to Visa’s CyberSource global merchant payment management platform. This will provide merchants with a single platform to protect customer payment data, mitigate fraud, and integrate digital and offline payment systems.
Securely and efficiently managing payments across digital and face-to-face sales channels are critical success factors for retailers as they seek to keep consumer payment data safe. This trend is confirmed by a recent study from CyberSource and Retail Systems Research, which reveals the following as the top three payment concerns among retailers:
• Protecting customer payment data and managing fraud (59%)
• Integrating new digital payments and legacy payment systems (57%)
• Making it easier for customers to pay with online and mobile devices (52%)
Additionally, as the U.S. shifts to EMV chip-enabled payments to help enhance consumer payment security and combat fraud, retailers are also deploying chip-compatible point of sale solutions. The CyberSource-Verifone partnership accelerates merchants’ ability to adopt more secure chip technology.
Verifone will connect its point of sale gateway to Visa’s CyberSource global merchant payment management gateway, placing a certified, cross-channel payment solution within immediate reach of merchants. Initially available in the United States, September 2015, the integrated CyberSource Verifone solution will enable merchants to:
• Accept cross-channel payments and centralize transaction reporting to increase customer engagement, enhance marketing insights, and streamline payment reconciliation.
• Mitigate online fraud risk via use of CyberSource Decision Manager, the world’s largest fraud detection radar that applies over 260 fraud screens and includes insights from over 60 billion transactions processed annually by Visa and CyberSource. Decision Manager increases merchant fraud pattern visibility by 200 times.
• Keep consumer payment data safe and simplify payment security management by keeping sensitive payment data off merchants’ networks. Combining CyberSource payment security solutions with Verifone’s Secure Commerce Architecture can help reduce exposure to data breaches, enable more rapid chip implementation and certification, and increase the speed of innovation at the point of sale.
• Deploy EMV chip-certified POS devices and shorten the path to EMV chip readiness, depending on their acquirer’s CyberSource configuration. A select series of Verifone POS solutions, which are both NFC- and chip-enabled, are compatible with the CyberSource platform.
For data, background and forecasts on Visa: Search CardWeb.com’s CardFlash® Library of more than 58,000 archived articles; Access CardWeb.com’s CardData® for current and historical Performance, Portfolios, Profiles, etc. Visit RAM Research® (ramresearch.com) for quarterly and annual forecasts covering more than 150 metrics. [complimentary or deeply discounted access to CardWeb.com subscribers].
Additional database resources include CardWeb.com’s CardExecs® – comings & goings of payments movers & shakers; CardWeb.com’s CardWatch® – ears & eyes on marketing globally (57K items); and CardWeb.com’s CardPixes® – form & function of card design (7K items).