BitGold has launched its mobile application for Android (#android) and iOS (#ios) operating systems. Available today, the official BitGold mobile application is free to download from Google Play and Apple’s App Store.
BitGold is a wholly owned subsidiary of Canadian-listed GoldMoney, a full-reserve and gold-based financial services and technology group.
The BitGold platform (web and now mobile) is advancing the digital payments revolution by helping people securely acquire, store and spend fully-allocated gold with unprecedented simplicity. Accounts are free and can be opened in minutes. BitGold provides users with a secure vault account to purchase and hold gold in the vault of their choice using a variety of electronic payment methods, the ability to make and receive instant gold payments, and a prepaid card for spending gold at traditional points of sale.
Every gram owned is the property of the owner and can be fully redeemable as physical 1kg Bullion Bars or 10g GoldCubes®. In addition, users can send and receive gold as payment to and from any BitGold user or seller for free*. BitGold also makes it possible for users to send gold as payment to any non-BitGold users with an email or a mobile phone, and now even easier using existing contacts right from the mobile app.
The BitGold mobile app provides a rich user experience and offers all the functionality of the desktop platform and more. With the BitGold app, users everywhere can buy physical, titled gold around the world within minutes, or use the app to make and receive free global payments using vaulted gold. Merchants can use the application to accept in-store or online payments and process transactions by tapping into the BitGold network.
App features include:
• Multi-currency: 106 currencies supported.
• Instant payments within BitGold network or to native phone contacts: allows users to send gold to other users or non-BitGold contacts via sms, email or social sharing functions by tapping into the contacts already present on their mobile device. Non-BitGold users have 24 hours to sign up and collect their gold, with notifications sent via sms and email.
• QR payments to simplify point of sale transactions: the BitGold app generates unique QR codes for each user, allowing for instant payments by two unfamiliar parties not required to exchange personal contact information. This QR technology serves as the perfect medium for in-store transactions, allowing purchasers to simply scan a seller’s tablet (or printed) QR code to complete a payment.
• Enhanced BitGold Golden Hearttm Program: the BitGold app enhances the Golden Heart program by allowing existing users to share a unique referral link with their native contacts or social sharing, allowing users and their friends to earn gold by growing the network.
• Multiple deposit methods: the BitGold app delivers unprecedented payment options and user experience through multiple funding rails; bank transfer, credit card, debit card, bitcoin, China UnionPay, Interac and additional deposit methods in the works.]]
• Multiple redemption methods: bank transfer, BitGold Prepaid Card load in multiple currencies, physical gold (cubes or bars). The BitGold app serves as a funnel for loading the BitGold Prepaid Cards allowing users to deposit or earn gold and instantly load their card for non-network purchases and ATM withdrawals.
BitGold’s mission is to make gold accessible and useful in digital payments and secure savings. The BitGold platform provides innovative solutions to the challenge of transacting with fully allocated and securely vaulted gold. BitGold accounts are free and convenient to open by virtually anyone, anywhere* in just minutes. BitGold provides users with a secure vault account to purchase gold using a variety of electronic payment methods. The platform will also provide transaction capability including: instant cross-border gold payments, merchant invoicing and processing for gold, prepaid card spending of gold at traditional points of sale, conversions to a customer’s external digital-wallet or bank, and physical gold redemptions.
For data, background and forecasts on BitGold: Search CardWeb.com’s CardFlash® Library of more than 58,000 archived articles; Access CardWeb.com’s CardData® for current and historical Performance, Portfolios, Profiles, etc. Visit RAM Research® (ramresearch.com) for quarterly and annual forecasts covering more than 150 metrics. [complimentary or deeply discounted access to CardWeb.com subscribers].
Additional database resources include CardWeb.com’s CardExecs® – comings & goings of payments movers & shakers; CardWeb.com’s CardWatch® – ears & eyes on marketing globally (57K items); and CardWeb.com’s CardPixes® – form & function of card design (7K items).