Travelers staying at COMO Hotels and Resorts’ 13 luxury properties across Asia, Australia, Europe and the Caribbean can make a lasting difference to local communities simply by using a MasterCard card to settle their bills.
Between 1st October and 31st December 2015, every MasterCard transaction at COMO triggers a US$25 donation through MasterCard’s ‘Purchase with Purpose’ program, benefitting local community organizations and schools in each destination.
This is the sixth year of the global partnership between COMO Hotels and Resorts and MasterCard. To date, the initiative has raised over US$220,000 for over 3,700 beneficiaries, supporting programmes such as hospitality training for high school students and under served women in Bangkok, financial support to students and entrepreneurs in Bali and Bhutan, and both life and vocational skills training for youth in London, The Maldives and The Turks and Caicos.
Beneficiaries for this year’s COMO-MasterCard ‘Purchase with Purpose’ will include:
• Teens Unite, London: Life and employment skills training for youth with life-limiting illnesses, supported by The Halkin by COMO and Metropolitan by COMO, London.
• Goodwill Group Foundation, Bangkok: Life and employment skills training for underserved women, supported by Metropolitan by COMO.
• Feeding South Florida, Miami: Access to food for food-insecure children, supported by Metropolitan by COMO.
• Lifeline WA, Perth: Financial and independence skills training for women, supported by COMO The Treasury.
• Maafushi and Guraidhoo Secondary School, The Maldives: Professional diving training and technical learning facilities, supported by Cocoa Island by COMO.
• Guraidhoo Thaa Island School, The Maldives: Professional diving training and hospitality skills training, supported by Maalifushi by COMO.
• Raymond Gardiner High School, The Turks and Caicos: Vocational Skills training, supported by Parrot Cay by COMO.
• Panyanukul School, Phuket: Employment skills training for youth with special needs, supported by Point Yamu by COMO.
• Loden Foundation, Bhutan: Micro-loans for women entrepreneurs, supported by Uma by COMO.
• Peduli Sesama Philanthropic Work, Bali: Hospitality skills training for at-risk youth, supported by Uma by COMO.
• East Bali Poverty Project, Bali: Vocational skills workshop for youth, supported by COMO Shambhala Estate
• Beautiful People, Singapore: Mentoring and career guidance for at-risk girls, supported by COMO Shambhala Urban Escape.
Founded by Christina Ong, COMO Hotels and Resorts develops and manages hand-picked, individually curated properties, including The Halkin by COMO, London, three Metropolitan by COMO properties in London, Bangkok and Miami, and a new city hotel in Perth, Australia, called COMO The Treasury. Island resorts include Parrot Cay by COMO in the Turks and Caicos, Cocoa Island by COMO and Maalifushi by COMO in the Maldives, Point Yamu by COMO in Phuket, Thailand, and three Uma by COMO experience resorts in Bali and Bhutan.
For data, background and forecasts on MasterCard: Search CardWeb.com’s CardFlash® Library of more than 58,000 archived articles; Access CardWeb.com’s CardData® for current and historical Performance, Portfolios, Profiles, etc. Visit RAM Research® (ramresearch.com) for quarterly and annual forecasts covering more than 150 metrics. [complimentary or deeply discounted access to CardWeb.com subscribers].
Additional database resources include CardWeb.com’s CardExecs® – comings & goings of payments movers & shakers; CardWeb.com’s CardWatch® – ears & eyes on marketing globally (57K items); and CardWeb.com’s CardPixes® – form & function of card design (7K items).