Heartland Payment Systems announced the availability of Heartland SecureSubmit, a data protection solution e-commerce merchants use to protect sensitive consumer cardholder data entered via a consumer’s
Heartland SecureSubmit allows merchants to quickly and seamlessly integrate cardholder data encryption and tokenization into their respective e-commerce websites and checkout pages without redirection or loss of brand identity. All exchanges of sensitive data occur directly between the consumer and Heartland. A shopper’s personal account information or sensitive data does not touch the merchant’s servers and helps minimize an e-commerce merchant’s total cost of payment acceptance.
• E-commerce will grow over the next three years as shoppers continue to shift their spending from physical stores to online ones. U.S. online retail sales will grow 57 percent by 2018, according to Forrester Research. E-retail’s share of total sales will continue to inch upward, from eight percent in 2013 to 11 percent in 2018. The dollar growth from the actual 2013 figure of $263 billion to the forecast $414 billion for 2018 is 57.4 percent.
• Ordereze Web Marketing of Bohemia, N.Y., has used the Heartland SecureSubmit solution since January 2014 and specializes in the restaurant business. Ordereze offers a digital platform for restaurants that allows them to operate an online ordering system including take-out orders for pickup and delivery, to promote the restaurant’s services via online marketing, to manage a restaurant’s website, and to integrate, monitor and manage a restaurant’s social media channels through Ordereze’s “Do It For Me Concierge” service.
• The Heartland SecureSubmit solution also helps e-commerce merchants in other market segments to:
◦ Reduce the risk that sensitive consumer cardholder data could be compromised and eliminate the risk of exposure of plain text cardholder data by transmitting the encrypted data through a merchant’s network directly from the consumer’s browser;
◦ Withstand vulnerabilities and threats similar to that of a direct-post method (DPM) application programming interface (API) solution; and
◦ Decrease payment card industry data security standard (PCI DSS) controls and validation requirements similar to merchants implementing a DPM API solution.
• Once a consumer’s data is tokenized, the merchant can then reference the order and card using the unique token to perform various actions such as:
◦ Card verifications;
◦ Voiding transactions;
◦ Editing transactions;
◦ Transaction reporting; and
◦ Allowing returning buyers who pay with an account on file (multi-use tokenization).
• The Heartland SecureSubmit solution can be easily deployed by merchants in several ways.
◦ A Heartland Portico Gateway software development kit (SDK) and sample code, which is offered in the most popular programming languages.
◦ A downloadable plugin compatible with more than 70 percent of the major shopping carts used by merchants globally. Merchant developers can download, configure and begin sending test transactions to Heartland in less than 10 minutes.
Heartland SecureSubmit is available today for e-commerce merchants wanting to connect to the Heartland Portico Gateway.
For data, background and forecasts on Heartland: Search CardWeb.com’s CardFlash® Library of more than 58,000 archived articles; Access CardWeb.com’s CardData® for current and historical Performance, Portfolios, Profiles, etc. Visit RAM Research® (ramresearch.com) for quarterly and annual forecasts covering more than 150 metrics. [complimentary or deeply discounted access to CardWeb.com subscribers].
Additional database resources include CardWeb.com’s CardExecs® – comings & goings of payments movers & shakers; CardWeb.com’s CardWatch® – ears & eyes on marketing globally (57K items); and CardWeb.com’s CardPixes® – form & function of card design (7K items).