Shift4 has unloaded to the payments market VT4, the most secure, flexible, and feature-rich mobile point-of-sale solution. Following exclusive use with select merchants, including the PGA TOUR, VT4 is now available to merchants in the United States, Canada and the Caribbean.
VT4 allows merchants to quickly and securely accept payments on any smartphone, tablet, laptop, or Internet-connected device.
Merchants need simple, reliable solutions that allow them to securely process payments anywhere, anytime. VT4 delivers:
• Security beyond compliance: Fills the security gap left open by other mobile payment apps, especially in today’s Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) environments, and includes Shift4’s proprietary security technologies – including True P2PE™ (point-to-point encryption) and TrueTokenization® – to prevent mobile devices from ever handling sensitive cardholder data, to reduce breach profile and to simplify PCI compliance efforts.
• Complete neutrality: Offers freedom to choose any bank or processor, allowing merchants to shop for the best rates and service without risk of losing transaction history due to a switch. Merchants are also able to choose from a variety of third-party peripheral devices, so the devices that best suit their business can be deployed.
• Versatility and flexibility: Allows merchants to accept a multitude of tenders from credit, debit, and gift card payments to cash, check, and “member account” transactions. Users can also accept split-tender transactions, provide full or partial refunds, retrieve transaction history, and modify shopping cart items so merchants can personalize a customer’s purchase. VT4 can be customized to the look and feel of a merchant’s brand.
• Enterprise functionality: Supports unlimited users, revenue centers and devices, which means VT4 fits even the largest and most complex businesses. Administrators can remotely add, disable, and configure users and permission levels in real time, while viewing detailed, centralized reports.
• Dependability: Allows users to conveniently transfer a sale from one device to another or complete a sale in no-signal situations. If a user’s device stops working due to a dead battery, they can simply log in from another device and continue the sale right where it left off. VT4 also offers merchants peace of mind knowing that U.S.-based customer service is available to help 24/7.
For data, background and forecasts on Shift4: Search CardWeb.com’s CardFlash® Library of more than 58,000 archived articles; Access CardWeb.com’s CardData® for current and historical Performance, Portfolios, Profiles, etc. Visit RAM Research® (ramresearch.com) for quarterly and annual forecasts covering more than 150 metrics. [complimentary or deeply discounted access to CardWeb.com subscribers].
Additional database resources include CardWeb.com’s CardExecs® – comings & goings of payments movers & shakers; CardWeb.com’s CardWatch® – ears & eyes on marketing globally (57K items); and CardWeb.com’s CardPixes® – form & function of card design (7K items).