Revel Systems has added a major new product to its iPad Point of Sale system with the availability of a new e-commerce mobile application solution that extends the functionality of brick-and-mortar commerce into mobile. Revel’s new white-labeled app solution for iOS and Android integrates directly with Revel’s iPad Point of Sale platform, allowing merchants to expand their brand to reach mobile users and create a new sales channel.
This offers consumers an easy and secure way to search for store locations, view menus or product lists, and place orders in advance for in-store pickup.
The white-labeled app solution for iOS and Android can be customized to align with a merchant’s brand, products and specific business needs, serving a wide variety of organizations ranging from full-service and quick-serve restaurants to retail stores, stadiums and universities. It can also be integrated into existing mobile apps owned by brands, or for standalone directory apps.
This new solution makes it easy for brands to create and build an e-commerce application since it integrates with existing merchant and customer data already stored in Revel’s Point of Sale system. Customer information such as purchase history and loyalty program membership, for example, can be updated in real-time via the cloud to a company’s branded mobile app without requiring additional investment in a separate CRM system.
The Revel Directory App solution can also support Revel Point of Sale features such as “line buster” technologies that enable quick checkout, or integration with in-store display systems or promotional campaigns. Geo-location technologies allows customers to receive tailored notifications about in-store events or sales taking place near to them via the app.
Consumers can use these branded applications to:
• Search for nearby business locations
• Create personal profiles
• Receive tailored notifications
• Browse menu or store inventory items
• Access customer loyalty or reward information
• Check account balances and pay securely with a wide range of electronic payment technologies, from credit and debit cards to Apple Pay and PayPal
• Place orders in advance from their mobile device for pick-up at a store location
Merchants can brand and use the Revel Directory App to:
• Transform the user experience by making it easy for consumers to view merchandise or menus, conduct secure transactions and place orders in advance for in-store pickup
• Simplify the way consumers place orders at events or restaurants, for example, in-seat ordering at stadium venues
• More effectively market to their customers
• Deliver a central location for customers to find and purchase goods from all store or restaurant locations
With nearly 20,000 Revel iPad Point of Sale terminals deployed worldwide, a large number of consumers are already engaging with Revel’s platform. This consumer-facing app will help merchants engage in more personalized ways with their customers.
For data, background and forecasts on Revel: Search CardWeb.com’s CardFlash® Library of more than 58,000 archived articles; Access CardWeb.com’s CardData® for current and historical Performance, Portfolios, Profiles, etc. Visit RAM Research® (ramresearch.com) for quarterly and annual forecasts covering more than 150 metrics. [complimentary or deeply discounted access to CardWeb.com subscribers].
Additional database resources include CardWeb.com’s CardExecs® – comings & goings of payments movers & shakers; CardWeb.com’s CardWatch® – ears & eyes on marketing globally (57K items); and CardWeb.com’s CardPixes® – form & function of card design (7K items).