Cardpool launched its first mobile application, providing a new platform for consumers to sell, buy, store and redeem discounted gift cards on their mobile phones.
OS users who download the free Cardpool mobile app in the iTunes Store can buy pre-owned gift cards for top brands at a discount or earn cash by selling unused gift cards. Leveraging Blackhawk’s proprietary technology, app users can also deliver gift cards directly to a digital wallet in order to redeem for web or in-store purchases and to keep track of gift card balances.
A recent consumer study on gift card exchanges* conducted by Blackhawk Network found that consumers are interested in going beyond traditional gift card usage and using exchanges to save money. In fact, 68 percent of those surveyed said that they would use gift card exchanges as a cost-savings method to purchase gift cards for their own use at favorite stores, restaurants, etc.
Features of the Cardpool app include:
• Buying power: Save up to 35 percent on pre-owned gift cards from hundreds of retailers.
• Quick redemption: Gift card information may be stored in the app’s mobile wallet, allowing for convenient redemption online or via mobile phone where accepted (some retailers may require the original gift card for in-store redemption).
• Balance tracking: Blackhawk’s proprietary technology allows users to keep track of gift card balances in one spot. Users can easily upload closed loop gift cards to the wallet and access real-time gift card balances for supported gift cards.
• Electronic exchange sales: After accepting the quote for an unwanted gift card, conveniently sell it electronically to Cardpool—no need to mail in the card.
• Omni-channel support: The app supports a seamless shopping experience for users whether shopping online, from a desktop or mobile device or in a brick-and-mortar store.
For a complete archive of more than 60,000 articles published since 1995 search the CardFlash.com library.