Heartland Payment Systems has acquired privately held Beanstalk Data, a leading provider of customer engagement platforms for restaurants in the USA.
The acquisition allows Heartland to help restaurants seamlessly integrate their customer relationship management (CRM) systems and marketing and engagement programs with the Heartland point of sale (POS) and e-commerce solutions.
Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., Beanstalk Data has created Beanstalk Engage, a marketing cloud and big data CRM system combined with a real-time marketing engine for business-to-consumer (B2C) companies, which enables them to have longer and more personal relationships with their customers.
Beanstalk Data is a popular technology provider for quick service restaurants (QSR) and fast casual dining providers including Taco Bell, Pollo Tropical, Carl’s Jr., Islands Restaurant, Jack In The Box, Panda Express, Qdoba Mexican Grill and Taco Cabana.
• Designed specifically for B2C companies with a special emphasis on restaurants, the Beanstalk Data CRM Marketing Master allows brands to aggregate all of their customer data into a single location and enjoy the benefits of full marketing automation.
• With this acquisition of Beanstalk Data, Heartland advances its strategy of growing its commerce segment. Previously, Heartland acquired Digital Dining in October 2015, pcAmerica and Dinerware in February 2015 and XPIENT Solutions and LiquorPOS in 2014. The company will continue seeking attractive acquisitions to support its strategy.
• Beanstalk Data, together with Heartland’s existing POS businesses and other Heartland solutions, comprise Heartland Commerce. This segment delivers leading-edge, secure POS solutions, payments processing capabilities and other adjacent business service applications, initially serving the hospitality and retail industries.
• Heartland has more than 100,000 customer locations using its Heartland Commerce software and marketing automation programs.
• With more than 135,000 restaurant merchant relationships, Heartland has approximately 19 percent share of the entire restaurant market, including close to 26 percent share of table service restaurants, according to CHD Expert.
• From payroll to gift cards and loyalty to card processing to POS solutions, Heartland has rapidly expanded its restaurant vertical business, supported by the endorsements of 44 state restaurant associations, 20 state and hotel lodging associations, the Council of State Restaurants Associations and the National Restaurant Association.
• Gilbert Bailey will serve as head of Heartland Beanstalk Engage Cloud Services and report to Christopher Sebes, executive vice president for Heartland Commerce.
For a complete archive of more than 60,000 articles published since 1995 search the CardFlash.com library.