CardFlash.com Breaking News: ADS (Boscov’s); GOLDMONEY (funding); WU (Viber); and NACHA (board).
ADS – Alliance Data Systems says its Columbus, Ohio-based card services business, has signed a new long-term agreement to provide private label credit card services Boscov’s. Based in Reading, Pennsylvania, Boscov’s is the largest family-owned department store chain in the U.S., operating 44 stores throughout seven mid-Atlantic states and an online store.
GOLDMONEY – GoldMoney has entered into an agreement with a syndicate of underwriters led by GMP Securities L.P. and Clarus Securities Inc. and including Mackie Research Capital Corporation to increase the size of its previously announced financing of common shares of the Company from aggregate gross proceeds of C$15,000,000 to C$31,860,719. In connection with the Expanded Offering, the Underwriters have agreed to purchase, on a bought deal basis, an additional 4,323,261 common shares of the Company at a price of C$3.90 per share, bringing the total number of Shares to be issued to 8,169,415 Shares. PowerOne Capital Markets Limited acted as financial advisor with respect to the Offering.
WU – Western Union and Viber, a leading mobile messaging app with 664M+ unique users worldwide, announced an agreement to offer a fast and simple way to send money to friends and family virtually anywhere in the world from the convenience of the Viber app.
NACHA – The Electronic Payments Association has added four new and two re-elected directors to its Board. The Board consists of 19 voting directors representing a diverse set of depository financial institutions of all sizes and types that use and support the ACH Network.
The new and re-elected directors will serve three-year terms, effective immediately:
- Michael Bellacosa, managing director, BNY Mellon
- Richard W. Burke Jr., CCM, head, Corporate Products & Services, TD Bank, N.A.
- Kevin J. Christensen, CISA, CRISC, CTGA, vice president, Audit, SHAZAM, Inc.
- Michael Fossaceca, CCM, NASD, managing director, North America Region Head for Treasury & Trade Solutions, Citibank, N.A.
- Craig T. Vaream, managing director, Product Executive for North America Payables & Receivables, J.P. Morgan, NACHA Secretary/Treasurer
- Uma Wilson, AAP, CTP, senior vice president, director of Product Management, UMB Bank, N.A.