GlobeSherpa continues to expand its mobile book-and-pay ticketing for public transit.
The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County (Houston METRO), has launched the “METRO Q Mobile Ticketing” mobile application. The new METRO Q Mobile Ticketing app allows Houston residents and visitors to purchase mobile tickets for METRO bus and METRORail and use them directly from their smartphone. The app is available for download in the Google Play and Apple iTunes stores.
GlobeSherpa’s platform is currently live in some of the largest transit systems in the nation including Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., and Portland, OR.
The new METRO Q Mobile Ticketing app allows passengers to:
• Purchase, store, use, and validate full-fare tickets and METRO Day Passes for local bus, METRORail and special event tickets right from their smartphone, removing the need to keep track of paper tickets or stand in line at a ticket kiosk
• Use PayPal to purchase tickets and passes
• Use multiple tickets for multiple riders from a single smartphone
• Create an account, store information for future purchases, and manage account information on the go
• Plan their commute with the built in Trip Planner tool
Houston METRO fares are available for purchase in the app, including full-fare tickets and METRO Day Passes. Riders purchase fares and pay with either a stored debit/credit card or their PayPal account. Tickets are then sent to users’ phones in the form of a secure, animated electronic ticket that can be visually validated by vehicle operators, or scanned by a fare inspector’s handheld device.
With GlobeSherpa’s proven mobile ticketing system, METRO is delivering industry-leading innovation to its riders at a fraction of the cost of traditional fare collection technology, improving operations through real-time reporting and geo-location data.
For a complete archive of more than 60,000 articles published since 1995 search the CardFlash.com library.