Electronic Payment Exchange (EPX) has become one of the first processors to support Ingenico Group’s IWL228 and iWL258 wireless smart terminals with EPXPay Wi-Fi.
EPXPay Wi-Fi will provide both SMBs and large merchants alike with a flexible, low-cost, versatile payment experience.
Using EPXPay Wi-Fi enables a merchant, whether it’s a small business location using it in stand-alone mode, or full-service restaurants, stadiums, venues and other hospitality environments using it in a Semi-Integrated (SI) mode, to use the Pay at the Table functionality.
The five advantages of Pay at the Table:
1. Increased profitability: able to turn tables quicker
2. Improved guest satisfaction: enable customers to pay immediately without having to wait for their credit card to be returned by their server
3. Increased security: Meets EMV fraud liability requirements of all brands. Also, eliminates the opportunity for identity theft and skimming by customers having their credit card at all times.
4. Improved operations: enable your customer to enter tip at the time of authorization and eliminate the need for end of day tip adjustments
5. Increased efficiencies: avoid traffic jams by eliminating the need for servers to walk to a POS terminal to process the transaction
Protecting merchant liability and cardholder data is key to all EPX products and EPXPay is no exception. EPXPay provides three layers of data protection – EMV acceptance, Encrypting card data and Tokenization using our Proprietary and Patented Technology.
In addition to EPXPay Wi-Fi, EPXPay SI is available on Ingenico Group’s smart terminals. When EPXPay SI is used, it allows for the terminal to be easily integrated into the merchant’s POS system.
The five additional benefits of EPXPay SI:
1. Ability to rapidly bring an EMV solution to market.
2. Eliminates the cost of EMV certification.
3. Security improvements via elimination of sensitive data from POS.
4. Simplification of PCI compliance via reduction in the cardholder data environment.
5. A flexible application that works across Ingenico Group’s smart terminal platforms:
a. iCT 220/250 – Countertop smart terminals
b. iWL 228/258 – Wireless smart terminals
c. iSC 250/480 – Multi-lane retail, touchscreen smart terminals
For a complete archive of more than 60,000 articles published since 1995 search the CardFlash.com library.