Tangerine, an independent, wholly-owned subsidiary of Scotiabank, is taking its new Money-Back MasterCard Credit Card to the national level in Canada.
The new card offers 4% Money-Back Rewards for the first three months in two categories of choice and 1% Money-Back Rewards on all other purchases, with no annual fee.
Tangerine’s Money-Back categories include restaurants, grocery, gas, entertainment, home improvement and more.
This current offer is double the regular 2% Money-Back Rewards that cardholders can earn in two categories of their choice, while continuing to earn 1% Money-Back on all other purchases.
This unique Card is also designed to help Canadians save even when they’re spending. If cardholders choose to have their Money-Back Rewards redeemed into their Tangerine Savings Account instead of back on their Credit Card, they will get an additional 2% Money-Back category (currently 4%), for a total of three.
Tangerine’s Money-Back Credit Card Preview phase lasted from October 2015 – February 2016.
TANGERINE CREDIT CARD BETA FACTS
• A total of 108,000 people registered for the beta test for the chance to apply for the Card
• Over 32,000 people participated in the Card beta test
• Over $1.3 million in Money-Back Rewards have been awarded
• Grocery is the most popular Rewards category, followed by restaurants and gas
• There have been over 2.1 million transactions using the Card resulting in a total spend of $119 million
To help celebrate this launch, Tangerine created the Money-Back Credit Card Game available now at tangerinemoneybackgame.com.
Consumers can visit the site to play for the chance to win great prizes. Prizes include gift cards ranging from $5 – $100 related to Tangerine’s 2% Money-Back Categories.
For a complete archive of more than 60,000 articles published since 1995 search the CardFlash.com library.