The largest retailers continue to struggle to become omnichannel-ready. Sporting goods merchants lead the omni-ready pack, followed closely behind by mass merchants and electronics/entertainment while grocery and pharma continue to be laggards.
According to the Vantiv/PYMNTS.com OmniReadi Index, the top 30% of merchants appear to be on their way to becoming OmniReadi, but the remaining 70% of U.S. retailers are still far behind. The gap between bad to average and good index scores widened from 40.4 in Q4 in 2015 to 50 in Q2 2016.
The wish list and the ability to access purchase history continue to be the largest indicators of firms more likely to be in the top 10.
The latest data from the OmniReadi Index also shows:
• The average index score dipped about 2.8 percent from 69.5 during Q4 2015 to 69 in Q1 2016. The number of merchants with an index score below 30 doubled from four in Q4 2015 to eight in Q2 2016.
• Between Q2 2015 and Q1 2016, the average score for the Top 10 retailers increased from 75.7 to 87.2 (15.2%), while the bottom 10 dropped from 33.1 percent to 23.4 (-29.5%).
Vantiv collaborates with PYMNTS each quarter on the Index and their most recent study included research on a random sample of 101 retailers across the U.S. Based on total sales volume, about half of the merchants are in the Top 100, while the remainder are in the Top 101 to 500.
The study also evaluated more than 145 attributes for each merchant across two channels: app and in-store.
For a complete archive of more than 70,000 articles published since 1995 search the CardFlash.com library.