For the third straight year, Discover ranked highest for credit card customer satisfaction among U.S. credit card companies by J.D. Power. Discover received a total of 827 points out of a possible 1,000, according to the J.D. Power 2016 U.S. Credit Card Satisfaction Study, outpacing the industry average by 31 points.
The J.D. Power 2016 U.S. Credit Card Satisfaction Study collected feedback from more than 20,000 credit card users, measuring the level of satisfaction customers have with their primary credit card company.
Discover cardmembers ranked Discover highest in overall satisfaction, as well as in several major categories including rewards, credit card terms, billing and payment, and channel activities.
Among channel activities, Discover ranked first for its website, mobile app and live phone service. As a brand, Discover also received top marks for being customer driven, innovative, proactive, friendly and flexible.
Customer service and satisfaction have been Discover hallmarks since the company’s founding in 1986. Discover has been an industry leader in offering cash rewards credit cards with no annual fee1 and 24/7 live, U.S.-based customer service.
In 2014, Discover became the first major credit card issuer to offer FICO® Credit Scores for free to cardmembers on their monthly statements and online. This year, Discover took its FICO Score offering a step further with the launch of Credit Scorecard, Discover.com/CreditScorecard, becoming the first credit card issuer to offer FICO Scores for free to everyone, including those who are not Discover customers.
Also in 2016, Discover launched the Discover it Secured Credit Card for consumers looking to build or rebuild their credit.
Discover offers a full suite of credit cards, including cash back, travel and student cards, all with no annual fee. Other cardmember benefits include:
• Cashback Match – dollar-for-dollar match of all cash back earned at the end of the first year for new cardmembers only
• 24/7 live, U.S.-based customer service
• FICO Credit Scores for free on monthly statements and online
• Ability to redeem rewards for cash in any amount and at any time; plus, cash back never expires
• Freeze It – an on/off switch that enables cardmembers to freeze their account in seconds using the Discover mobile app or website if they misplace their card to prevent new purchases, cash advances and balance transfers
• $0 Fraud Liability Guarantee means cardmembers are never responsible for unauthorized purchases on their Discover card
For a complete archive of more than 70,000 articles published since 1995 search the CardFlash.com library.