The winners for the 2016 BAI Global Banking Innovation Awards were announced at BAI Beacon in Chicago. Showcasing top innovators within the financial services industry, the recipients were chosen out of the 15 finalist organizations that represent the most innovative global leaders changing the face of the industry.
Innovators were awarded for excellence in a variety of product and service areas. The winners for each awards category include:
Product and Service Innovation
• CEO Mobile® biometrics – Wells Fargo
• Use of humanoid robots “Pepper” – Mizuho Financial Group, Inc.
Innovation in Societal and Community Impact
• TEB Women Banking – Turk Ekonomi Bankasi (TEB)
Innovation in Payments
• Risk Modelling Innovation through Data Analytics – CaixaBank S.A.
Innovation in Internal Process Improvement
• Smart Collect – Alior Bank S.A.
Honorable Mention – Most Innovative Non-Bank Financial Services Organization
• NerdWallet’s Checking Account Tool – NerdWallet
Disruptive Innovation in Banking
• Virtual Assistant in Foreign Trade WATSON – CaixaBank S.A.
Most Innovative Community-Based Banking Organization
• CBW Bank
Most Innovative Bank of the Year
Nominees in this year’s awards program were evaluated by the Innovation Circle Judging Panel, comprised of prominent international innovators who represent the industry and selected winners on the basis of originality and impact.
For a complete archive of more than 70,000 articles published since 1995 search the CardFlash.com library.