Ingenico Mobile Solutions has unveiled the Moby/3000, a Bluetooth-enabled mPOS card reader equipped to accept both EMV chip & sign and magstripe transactions. The reader will be available next month.
While many mobile card readers still rely on audio jack connectivity, the Moby/3000 wirelessly pairs with Android and iOS smartphones and tablets using Bluetooth 4.0, offering future-proofed connectivity to all of the latest mobile devices, including those without audio jacks, such as Apple’s new iPhone 7.
The Moby/3000 is available at a similar price point to magstripe-only card readers, enabling merchant service providers (MSPs), independent sales organizations (ISOs) and independent software vendors (ISVs) to maintain their current business models, rather than having to charge merchants a higher price for an EMV-enabled device.
The low cost Bluetooth card reader offers payment solution providers the ability to ease the financial burden of EMV migration for their small business customers, while also helping to protect them against chargebacks.
Additional features and benefits of the Moby/3000 include:
• Small, lightweight (2.8-oz.), and pocket-sized form factor for easy portability
• EMV chip card and magstripe readers to accept all forms of card-based payments in the US
• Compatible with virtually any iOS or Android device
• EMV Level 1 and 2 contact certification
• EMV certified to the Ingenico Mobile Solutions gateway to start accepting EMV payments right away
• Seamless integration with Ingenico Mobile Solutions’ mPOS EMV SDK
• Long lasting battery of 260mAh for all day mobile use
• Custom branding and white labeling options
The Moby/3000 mPOS card readers will begin shipping in November, and are available for order now.
For a complete archive of more than 70,000 articles published since 1995 search the CardFlash.com library.