Nok Nok Labs has unveiled the Nok Nok S3 Authentication Suite – Premium Edition. The S3 Suite is the first unified platform enabling organizations to leverage standards-based authentication that supports existing and emerging methods of biometric authentication such as fingerprint, iris and voice.
The Premium Edition of the S3 Suite provides organizations with an improved customer experience for mobile consumers, stronger security and lower fraud costs through risk-based authentication supporting all current and future FIDO protocols.
Millions of compromised credentials have resulted in billions of dollars in lost business for global organizations. Today, these organizations now realize the need to move away from traditional passwords and even SMS one-time passcodes.
With this announcement, Nok Nok Labs offers the most cost effective, scalable solution for modern authentication while providing organizations with rapid deployment across multiple platforms – mobile devices, desktop or mobile browsers or in a mobile application.
Supporting the FIDO UAF specification, S3 Premium Edition offers a Risk Engine that better arms organizations in their battle with mobile fraud. The Risk Engine interprets risk signals from the device including geolocation, device health, and travel speed to drive policies to allow or deny authentication events.
As part of its strategy to drive standards-based authentication, the Nok Nok Authentication Server products will continue to support all current and emerging FIDO specifications and other industry standards that address market needs. The Nok Nok Authentication Server will enable enterprises, mobile network operators and relying parties to “future proof” their authentication needs by taking advantage of existing and future FIDO specifications supported by OS platforms and web browsers, as they emerge and address customer requirements.
Other highlights of the Nok Nok S3 Authentication Suite – Premium Edition include:
• A more powerful Policy engine with support for risk scoring rules and risk signals. Some of the new risk signals include:
◦ Geolocation – This signal locates a user’s device location and can check against a policy defined list of restricted countries. This enables the administrator to deny access from disallowed locations and adjust their risk score.
◦ Travel Speed – This signal determines if the user’s device has travelled too far in too short a time. It uses the device’s geolocation to calculate the travel speed from the last login location and time. With this information, users can take policy-defined action to adjust risk scores or deny fraudulent access from multiple locations within a short time interval.
◦ Device Health – This signal checks for signs of tampering on the device.
• Simplified integration support enabling quicker deployment, including integration with access management solutions such as Ping Identity PingFederate® and IBM® Security Access Manager.
• Multi-tenancy support facilitating deployment of multiple authentication services.
Nok Nok Labs’ strategy to support all FIDO protocols in their products to meet customer requirements is putting into practice the framework we’ve architected, and it’s paving the way towards a much stronger authentication ecosystem across all FIDO Certified devices, regardless of protocol.
The Nok Nok S3 Authentication Suite has seen notable deployments from industry leaders, including NTT DOCOMO, PayPal and Alipay. Further deployments are in progress in major banks, insurance companies, mobile network operators, and major trading networks.