First Data has expanded its Clover platform with the official launch of Clover Mini and Clover Mobile in the U.K. The “all-in-one” business management solutions has broad adoption in the U.S. since they were introduced last year.
The Clover Mini and Clover Mobile devices utilize unique cutting-edge technology that allows consumers to enter their PIN on a tablet based, touchscreen device that is EMV compliant and has successfully completed common criteria evaluation against the JTEMS POI Protection Profile. As such, Clover Mini and Clover Mobile are among the very first devices to be approved with this technology for deployment in the U.K. market and represent a groundbreaking innovation in cardholder authentication.
Clover Mobile was created to sell on the move, whether that be at a restaurant table, from a food van, at displays in store or in a busy queue. Clover Mobile gives business owners the power of integrated inventory management, accounting, analytics and more – all in a hand-held device.
Clover Mini redefines the payment terminal, providing business owners with a comprehensive solution to streamline operations. Clover Mini operates with the same power as the original Clover device, Clover Station®, in a much smaller package, meaning business owners can access the same intuitive tools without compromising on counter space.
Benefits of Clover Mobile and Mini include:
• Ability to accept multiple EMV credit and debit payment types, contactless payments (including Android PayTM and Apple
PayTM) and Swipe (MSR)
• Manage tips and cash back
• Optional Bluetooth printer (Mobile only)
• Front-facing camera that enables barcode and QR code reading
• Wi-Fi, 3G or Ethernet (Mini only) connectivity options
• 7″ Antimicrobial Corning® Gorilla® Glass display screen
• Touchscreen PIN entry for debit transactions and touchscreen signature capture for credit transactions
• Fully PCI PTS 4.0 certified, including the Secure Reading and Exchange of Data (SRED) module
• Liquid silicone rubber surrounding Clover Mobile provides additional product protection for improved impact (drop) performance
As part of the Clover family, both Clover Mini and Mobile provide access to the Clover App Market which allows developers to create innovative apps for business owners. Apps such as appointment scheduling, reporting and inventory management free up small business owners’ time by simplifying and/or automating tasks.
First Data first launched Clover Station in 2014 and it quickly became one of the fastest-selling point-of-sale systems in the world. It was introduced to the U.K. market in 2014 and is available through First Data’s wholly-owned acquiring business in the U.K. in addition to AIB Merchant Services and Lloyds Bank Cardnet.
For a complete archive of more than 70,000 articles published since 1995 search the CardFlash.com library