The PrestoPrime EMV Terminal by E la Carte has hit the U.S.market. The new terminal a pay-at-table experience available on the market, with high levels of security available along with future-proof capability and guest and server ease-of-use.
The new PrestoPrime EMV Terminal is the successor to E la Carte’s current Presto System, which is operational every day in more than 1,800 restaurants across the United States. The PrestoPrime EMV Terminal’s core benefits include:
• Only pay-at-table system with dual processors using a securely partitioned payment module, which enables best-in-class end-to-end EMV security to safely support third party apps, premium content, and integration with complementary devices
• Only tabletop system with fully integrated keypad to enable easy and secure PIN entry, which enables PIN-debit transactions and reduces payment transaction costs
• Future-proof and international-ready with full Chip-and-PIN as well as Chip-and-Signature capability
• Greatly expanded memory and flash storage to provide enhanced premium content, video and gaming capabilities
• PCI-PTS certification, the only widely
available pay-at-table system to have this feature
• SRED encrypted magnetic stripe allowing for PCI-P2PE transactions, removing POS systems from PCI scope
• Contactless mobile payment capability including Apple Pay, Android Pay, and Samsung Pay, as well as a QR code reader and camera
• “Store and Forward” capability that allows guests to continue to pay even if the restaurant loses power or internet connectivity, so the restaurant stays open and continues to generate revenue
In the wake of more frequent data breaches, EMV liability changes and increasing rates of identity and credit card fraud, restaurants and retailers are upgrading payment systems to improve security and reduce costs. The new PrestoPrime EMV Terminal allows guests to use any form of payment they want to rapidly check out at the table at their convenience, without ever giving up physical control of their cards.
E la Carte will be demonstrating its new PrestoPrime EMV Terminal at industry-renowned event, Restaurant Leadership Conference on April 9 – 12 in Phoenix, AZ.
E la Carte’s new dual processor, secure PrestoPrime EMV system is software compatible with the current generation Presto System – more than 90,000 of which are at work every day in more than 1,800 restaurants across the United States – and includes twice the memory and four times the flash storage of the current generation, and a securely partitioned payment module that enables point-to-point encryption (P2PE) security, EMV, and multiple forms of payment, including PIN-entry payment, Magstripe, and NFC capability for contactless payment systems such as Apple Pay and Samsung Pay.
For a complete archive of more than 70,000 articles published since 1995 search the CardFlash.com Library.