Spain’s largest bankcard transaction switching network ServiRed and its member Bankia have inked a deal with China’s UnionPay International to enable the acceptance of UnionPay cards by all the ATMs and merchants under Bankia.
Diebold is behind an extensive update of the entire ATM fleet for Bankia. Diebold will support Bankia to reduce the complexity of managing an assorted fleet of ATMs from different providers by providing multivendor, turnkey installation services for the project, including terminal audits, terminal pre-staging, software loading/testing, security module integration, signage and advertising deployment, ATM installation and ATM training for end users. Bankia operates more than 2,000 branches and serves more than 7 million customers. Diebold will be managing the installation of more than 2,100 ATMs in the initial phase of the project, including the deployment of approximately 900 new Diebold Opteva® ATMs for the Madrid-based bank.
Elavon global payments provider partnered Banco Santander in a JV. Establishing Santander Elavon Merchant Services, 51% of which will belong to Elavon and the remaining 49% to Santander, the partnership teams will provide service, support and innovative solutions informed by voice of the customer and designed to enable commerce for businesses of all sizes. This ultimately extends an existing relationship between Elavon and Santander dating from 2003 when the companies launched foreign currency payment services for Spanish retailers.