CardWeb.com’s CardConferences today features the NBPCA’S POWER OF PREPAID 2015. June 10-12, 2015 at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park in Washington, D.C.
CardWeb.com’s CardConferences today features the CARDS & PAYMENTS MIDDLE EAST 2015, conference, May 12-13 at the Dubai International Convention & Exhibition Centre in Dubai.
CardWeb.com’s CardConferences today features the Wearable Tech Conference & Expo, featuring FAST (Fitness & Sport Wearable Tech Conference), July 13 – 15, 2015, at the Jacob Javits Center in New York, New York. The event’s agenda will provide attendees with new perspectives on wearable tech devices and technology.
CardWeb.com’s CardConferences today features the CARD FORUM & EXPO, April 8-10, 2015 at the Chicago Downtown Marriott in Chicago. This year the Forum has added a host of new features, including the Merchant & Retailer Think Tank, a new speed round of presentations called PayX and 50% more structured networking opportunities to help foster idea sharing and relationship building that lasts long after the conference concludes.
CardWeb.com’s CardConferences today features the The Southeast Acquirers’ Association (SEAA) Annual Conference, April 20-22 at the New Orleans Marriott, New Orleans. The focus is education and providing information on current issues concerning the “feet on the street” sales agents in the electronic payments industry.
CardWeb.com’s CardConferences today features the TRANSACT 2015 event, March 31 – April 2 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, California. This is major payments event and starts tomorrow.
CardWeb.com’s CardConferences today features the TRANSACT 2015 event, March 31 – April 2 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco, California. This is the paramount event in payments and technology.
New research has concluded that U.S. banks and credit card issuers are shelled out $1.2 billion last year to combat phishing attacks by hackers against online consumers. The Gartner study estimates that 57 million Americans likely have received these fraudulent e-mails. Based on survey responses from 5,000 adult Internet users, Gartner analysts project that approximately 30 million adult Internet users believe they have definitely experienced a phishing attack, and another 27 million believe they have observed what looked like a phishing attack. Phishing attacks are not new, but they have become more pervasive in the past 12 months. According to the Gartner survey, 76% of the known or suspected attacks occurred within the past six months, and another 16% occurred during the six months before then. Thus the combined results suggest that 92% of these phishing attacks took place in the past year. The Gartner survey, completed in April, indicated a high rate of success for phishers. Based on survey data, Gartner estimates that about 19% of those attacked, or nearly 11 million U.S. adult Internet users, have clicked on the link in a phishing attack e-mail. Moreover, 3% of those attacked, or an estimated 1.78 million adults, report giving phishers their financial or personal information.
The Federal Trade Commission said yesterday the response to proposed amendments to the Telemarketing Sales Rule has been so strong it had to move today’s hearing from FTC headquarters. The public workshop on the potential development and implementation of a national do-not-call list will get underway this morning at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, DC. The workshop will run through June 7th. The FTC says the proposed amendments drew more than 42,000 consumer and industry comments – the second-most ever received as part of a Commission rulemaking process. Today’s workshop agenda will cover 1) the interplay between the proposed national registry and existing state registries; 2) the scope of coverage of the proposed registry; 3) whether cell phone numbers should be included in the registry; and 4) whether the do-not-call provision should apply to for-profit telemarketers acting on behalf of charities.